Friday, December 31, 2010

25 Moments in 2010




I love reading those long Christmas letters that detail a year's worth of fabulous events, carefully editing out the grungier moments. The other day, over lunch, two of my friends from college and I were commenting on how funny it would be if those letters included some of the hilariously random events that life throws out, as well as the positive. Mali, one of the most honest people I know, went so far as to claim that once she has kids she plans on writing a "keep it real" summary letter, with positive events (Family beach trip! Johnny made honor roll!) as well as the hilariously awful (Our dog took a dump in my husband's loafers!)

I love blogging because it unintentionally captures a full picture of life: the good, the bad, the ugly, and the wonderful. Looking back on my entries, here is a sampling of 25 moments in 2010:


January

* Welcomed in 2010
* Dealt with "the smell"
* Sweated buckets trying Bikram yoga

February

* Basked in our five day snow vacation
* Sipped wine at a tasting party

March

* Ran a 10K (and limped for days afterward)
* Turned 29
* Saw a "Broadway" musical

April

* Traveled to Italy!!!
* Wrote about hilarious pitfalls of Italy trip

May


* Gave a house tour (and shortly after that, took our house off the market...)
* Learned we had bats in our attic!

June

* Celebrated our four year anniversary

July

* No "to do's" for 72 hours (the best fourth of July ever!)
August

* Hunted for treasure
* Biked 8 mile night time ride

September

* Sat on a jury for a murder trial
* Went to the E.R. for most embarrassing injury ever

October

* Wrote seven posts in seven days... sort of* Decorated for Halloween
* Reminisced about my favorite month

November

* Said goodbye... and thanks

December

* Told about our traditions* Surprise Christmas


Over all...



2010 was a very good year! :)

On my next post, I'm going to tell you about my resolution for the new year (Dan came up with a great one!) and NYE.


Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Savvy Farmgirl said...

I had a little chuckle at the start of your post, because I was one of those people that wrote one of those letter detailing the good things in my life, but carefully editing out the less-than-wonderful moments. Ha! Too funny!

Happy 2010!

Carrie Hewitt said...

I have thought about including a "letter" with our Christmas card, only because I am one of those people that loves to read them when I get them. However, I'm a bit of a pessimist (unfortunately), and I'm afraid my letter might put a damper on someone else's Christmas spirit. I will have to work on that in the new year!

Josie said...

I love your list of 25 memories from the year, doll! You've included some of my favorites of your posts, like your Bikram experience and the Halloween decorations! Here's to much more fun in 2011!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...