Sunday, December 30, 2012

525,600 minutes


It's that time again. Another year is almost over, and it's time to thoroughly reminisce.

  As the Rent song goes, "how do you, how do you measure a year?"

I guess I could measure mine by numbers:

18- number of people at murder mysery party

0- number of people who figured out who the murderer was

5- number of cities we visited in France

1,000's- number of words I wrote about France- I really milked that topic!

4,000,000-   age in centuries of the caverns we toured on our anniversary

10- number of cave puns our tour guide, the Will Ferrell of rock jokes, told.

3- posts I wrote about feeling sad about not getting pregnant (but I only published one.)  Just gotta keep it real.  This year was not all croissants and roses.

15- times I practiced my wedding toast before nailing it on the big day 

350- pounds of gingerbread we saw on our annual tradition: see bottom of post here

18- years my brother in law kept his secret (see "Received a tattoo")

5- minutes we cracked up once we learned said secret

*

But I'd prefer to just do a breakdown by month:



In January, I:

• Spoke dirty French: here



In February, I:

• Attended a murder mystery party: here
*
• Learned the languages of love: here



In March, I:

• Was “Tom Cruise” Running: here




In April, I:

• Traveled to France!: here
*
•     Wrote incessantly about France trip:
More Frenching: here
Pardon My French: here
Dan's Day: here
Show me the Monet: here

Can you tell what the highlight of my year was? 
Thanks for putting up with so many fromage filled posts!

In May, I:

• Mastered the art of public speaking: here
*
• Had misadventures in double dating: here



In June, I:

• Enjoyed our "caves and kicking it" anniversary: here
*
• Ate with the pie bride: here
*
• Revealed why we still sneak into our old apartment pool: here



In July, I:

• Made homemade icecream: here
*
•  Painted the living room: here



In August, I:

• Thanked a teacher: here
*
• Counted my stairs: here



In September, I:

• Redid my office: here
*
• Jumped on board of the food truck craze: here

Side note: does it look like I'm inadvertently flipping the bird in this pic??  Because I just noticed that my finger is placed sort of oddly... yikes!  That is one salty Mrs. Peanut.

In October, I:

• Discovered we were too old for clubbing: here
*
• Admitted to feeling wistful and sad in "A little bit pregnant": here



In November, I:

• Gave thanks: here
*
• Was in a flash mob to this song


In December, I:

• Received a tattoo: here

• Dreaming of a weird Christmas: here

So there's my year in review!  Now, I'm thinking about my resolutions.  Anyone else making any?

Want to read about the year I did a mud run and Dan and I rocked a costume contest? Check out 2011: here

Want to read about the year of my embarrassing sleep walking injury and my day as a juror on a murder trial?  Check out 2010: here

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always love these year re-cap posts! Yours is especially great; I loved reading all the posts that i missed, especially the ones about France. I look forward to following you in the new year!
- Anna C.
(I sent you my blog address through your e-mail. Feel free to follow mine too if you want!!)

Erika said...

Thanks a LOT for getting the Rent song stuck in my head!! :) Actually, I'm just jealous I didn't think of using that for a blog title myself. I am debating whether or not I should go read the post about your office makeover...based on the picture, I can tell this will result in nothing but MAD CRAZED jealousy...but then, I'm a glutton for punishment, so maybe I'll do it anyway. :)

Christen said...

Thanks for the blog love, ladies!!

Aubrey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...