Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine Murder Mystery

I know Valentine's Day is officially wrapped up, but I just wanted to mention three last little things:

1. Dan LOVED his custom Jeopardy game I made him! He completely dominated the Beatles category and football category and raved about it so much that I'm thinking that he's going to get some kind of a scavenger hunt with Jeopardy clues for his birthday. Watch out, Alex Trebek; I'm gunning for your job.

2. My sister loved the card I sent to her, an inside joke about her once singing "The wind beneath my wings" for a ninth grade talent show:

Photobucket


Singing a Bette Midler song = Classic fodder for years of ridicule. It never gets old.

3. Dan dressed as a secret service agent the weekend before Valentine's Day. And, no, it wasn't some kind of kinky dress-up game we were playing. It was for...
A Valentine's Day Murder Mystery Party!


I pilfered these photos from the host's Facebook page. She did such a cute job! All of her guests received e-mails with information on our characters and ideas for costumes. I was supposed to be a trendy florist named Rose Darling (so I wore roses in my hair) and Dan sported sunglasses and my Bluetooth.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Turns out we had the lamest costumes there! The other guests showed costume commitment, like...

The Newlyweds:
Photobucket

Yep, this guest should have won "best dressed" for wearing high necked, puff sleeved, 80's wedding gown!
The movie stars:


Photobucket
Gold chain and chest hair - nothing if not classy


Oh, and I can't forget our hosts. Here they are, two hunters who are trying to hide a secret concerning a Cheney-esque accident...


Photobucket


If camouflaging your face in green paint isn't character commitment, I don't know what is!


Of course, many other characters joined too (the old couple, the molecular biologists, the cheerleader/ football player, the chocolatier, the farmers) It was hilarious :)

Oh, and the house was completely transformed into the "The Amore Cafe", where the amorous and scandalous meet. The below pic doesn't even do it justice. Our host put candles, cheesy hearts, rose petals, flowers, frilly heart shaped pillows, doilies, and even sassy sleeping masks everywhere.
Photobucket
Over our rock ass meal of Italian food, salad, and breadsticks, Dan and I won the romantic movie trivia contest. Or Dan won it because he's amazing at any kind of trivia (see above: Jeopardy). And I kind of judge him for answering the Twilight question correctly.

Photobucket


Spoiler alert: Someone died at dinner.



Don't scroll any lower in case you think you might play this game in the future 'cause I'm going to reveal the victim and the killer.




Seriously, stop scrolling now if you ever want to play this. Also, don't look at the comments either.




I mean it.


No crying to me if you play this game later 'cause I warned you...


SPOILER ALERTS AHEAD





Okay, back to the post! Carrie (the host) even put white face paint on our victim. Attention to detail, I tell ya'.



Photobucket



Fast forward three hours of cracking up, chocolate-covered strawberries, and heavy drinking later, they finally busted the killer.



It's always the one you least suspect.



Photobucket


Ba ha ha HA HA!


(That's my evil laugh since you can't hear me).


Cast of characters:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Angela Lansbury herself couldn't have come up with a better murder mystery!


In the words of Phil Dumphey, "Good times, she wrote!"

4 comments:

Josie said...

That party looks like a BLAST. And I'm so glad that Dan loved his game!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

TheLab said...

I totally hoped you'd post about the murder mystery you alluded to earlier... I LOVED the one you posted about before (was it last year?) Because, I'll admit it, I live through you and your adventures sometimes! Ha! Thanks for posting all of the photos, they're so cool!

I am shocked, however, that such a seemingly nice girl was the murderer. I'm sure Dan was as well... but I bet he'll stand by you during the trial, and then plot a way to break you out of jail. How romantic!!!

Great work with the Jeopardy game, too!!!

Christen said...

I'm hoping he'll bake me a cake with a file in it as his escape plan... you know, going old school!

I have to say that I'm so relieved the game instructions did not tell me I was the killer early on because I am the WORST liar ever. Luckily, it just told me all these things to say if anyone blamed me for having motives to kill the guy so I seemed really convincing. I was as surprised as everyone else when it turned out I was the bad guy :)

Nat said...

How fun!!! I did a murder mystery party in high school and I've been dying to get my friends to do one now that we're adults!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...