Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Target is as trendy as I get

I'm always the last to catch on to a trend. Case in point: I bought my first pair of skinny jeans and high boots combo this January when everyone else had latched on to this look about two years ago. Side note: I was surprised that I ended up loving said skinny jeans because they are actually comfortable and stretchy, like yoga pants. Now, I'm just hoping the trend isn't over, say, next month.

Anyway, I'm the same was about home design trends. You know how the past few years blogs and then Pinterest have been all about the chevron print? These zany stripes look so chic and I-didn't-try-too-hard-because-I-am-bold-enough-to-do-crazy-pattern.





via House Beautiful

via here

I finally jumped on that home trend! Yep, 2010 is calling and wanting its print back. Target finally has some chevron pillows and lamp shades for $20 a pop. Dan indulged me by driving with me twenty-five minutes so I could snag the last two in the greater Richmond area.



I decided to replace the brown pillows in my living room:







I wanted to play off the turquoise in the flowery print I have on these pillows:

Photobucket


Ignore the clashy yellow walls (they're getting a new color this summer) and focus on the magic of chevron. Ooh... crisp! And they distract from the fugly green couch!


In my bedroom, I decided to perk up the corner, which has the same pillow (I buy three of anything that I like which is unoriginal but makes matching easy), chair, and some homemade paint chip art:

Photobucket


Since the paint chip art has gold in it...
Photobucket


... so I went with the gold chevron shade. I was worried the gold would look like something, say, Mariah Carey would have in her diva dressing room, but it I kind of like it against the blue.
Photobucket


The Ikea lamp post probably needs another coat of white spray paint, but over all, I was pretty pleased with the look:
Photobucket

Photobucket


Any trends that you are loving right now? Or have you also jumped on the chevron bandwagon before it officially creaks to a stop?


So I went with two of these chevron guys:Photobucket

4 comments:

Josie said...

I'm always outrageously behind on trends too; no worries. I love your new pillows!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

TheLab said...

Oh my gosh, you're so stylish! I am incapable of even NOTICING a trend, like you did in the magazines, let alone finding ways to incorporate it into my life!

These photos are magazine worthy! I love the colors, the patterns, placement, everything!

GREAT JOB!

Strand Family said...

After 2 hours of trying to find brown boots.to.go.over my.jeans I threw my hands up in frustration and said.this style.will have to pass.me by. Too short with big calves. As for chevron I saved a chevron blanket and mittens pattern. Since I have hundreds of.patterns on my knitting site it will definitely be out of style before I knit them.

Christen said...

Thanks for the comments, guys! Laura, I'm officially impressed that you are thinking of creating chevron stuff via knitting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...