Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Blog Award List!

The amazing Brooke from Brooke in Wonderland just gave me my first blog award!

I am so pumped!!

Now for the rules (you know I love any kind of list...)
-Thank the award giver
-Copy the logo and place on your blog
-Link back to the award giver/s
-Name 10 things about you that people may find interesting
-Nominate and link up to 10 other blogs for this award
-Comment on each blog to tell them about the award!

This is almost like a form of a chain e-mail, except so much more fun!

First, a few of my favorite sites that I would like to bestow this award to:
Color Me Katie
An Inch of Gray
Strand Family Adventures
A Lovely Lifestyle
The Girl with the Golden Touch
Little Red Roost

And now for a few newer blogs (discovered during the last few weeks) that I also am giving this award to:
Adventures Across a Sea of Blue
I know This Much
Through the Looking Glass
The Way I See It

They are not in any particular order! And, yes, I know I nominated one more than I was supposed to!

Now, for the ten interesting facts about me:
1. I love staying in cheap bed and breakfasts with my husband:
Especially places that set out warm chocolate chip cookies
This brings us to # 2...

2. I'm the biggest sweet tooth ever! Tiramisu cupcakes from Frostings, the local cupcake boutique, are my favorite:
3. Looking at travel books and websites is my crack:
Dan is trying to persuade me to get on board a trip to Italy during our spring break this year. He wants to do one more big trip before we decide to expand our little family!

4. I was a scaredy cat as a kid and have never dived, done a cartwheel, or been on a slip n' slide.
5. See that cartoon picture of me at the top of the page that's wearing a "#1 Teacher" shirt?
Not true.

I love my job, am a NBCT (a hugely intensive program for teachers), and try my best daily, yet I sometimes cringe at my teaching techniques. Just two days ago, I snapped at a group of rising sixth graders from my summer school class because I felt like I was playing that carnival game Wack a Mole. "SIT DOWN NOW, OR NO ONE RECEIVES CANDY!" Great discipline, huh?

6. I love blogs about home design, especially www.younghouselove.com

An added bonus: The couple that runs this blog lives in Richmond too! Which bring us to #7:

7. I think Maymont Park is the best place for picnics:


8. I went to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince last night with a friend.
9. My family calls me an "old soul". I take this as a compliment.
Photo from tea time with mom last weekend.
10. I feel terrific after a long run.

Well, there you have it! Now, go check out some of those amazing blogs!

12 comments:

Christy said...

Hi - I just found you through a comment you left on Anna's blog.

My advice - take advantage of the time you have with your husband now and RUN to Italy as fast as you can. Once you expand the family, it's so different. Fabulous, wonderful, unbelievably great...but you sure as heck won't be jetting off to Italy with a newborn!

☂niki. said...

Yay. Thanks for my award.

Loved hearing more about you.

That cupcake looks dee-lish!

And I'm sure you're a much better teacher than you give yourself credit for!

Ali said...

You are so sweet - thanks for putting my blog up there, I really appreciate it!

And PS: I LOVE B&Bs too. :)

wahookate said...

Congrats on the award and thanks for sharing your blog. You've created a visually pleasing public journal of cute insights and interesting inside stories. Looking forward to reading more!

Courtney D said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I am *sniff* honored!

Penelope said...

Congrats! and I love reading those "get to know you" lists :)

Strand Family said...

I'm shaking my fist at you! I should be in bed, but I just spent an hour reading The Red Roost blog...and um...I just want to live in her house and know what to do with "junk" when I see it instead of needing to buy fake made to look like junk at anthropologie!
You should go to Italy! Chris and I did a 6 day trip in 2006--Rome, Venice, Pompeii. It was right over Thanksgiving, a beautiful time to go. Check out the deals from Gate 1 Travel. We went with the "budget hotel" package and it was more like bed and breakfasts on the outskirts.

Strand Family said...

Oh and 2 more things. Thanks for the award! Also I'm very upset about your cartwheel free life. It is never to late to learn. Next time we get together I will teach you.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Tiramisu cupcakes??? That sounds heavenly!! :)

Multiple personalities.. said...

Congratulations! That's so awesome! And I have to know, where does one find tiramisu cupcakes?! They look and sound divine!

Have a great SItS day!

Aline said...

Thank you so very much and congratulations!!! It was so fun getting to know you better and holy moly, that cupcake looks amazing!

Hattie said...

Yay! Thanks for the award, I'll have to do my little list thing tomorrow :-) I'm wowed by your NBCT! This will be my third year teaching, so I'll be able to go for it the next year. Looking over the website makes it seem pretty tough and scary, though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...