Sunday, May 6, 2012

My weekend in photos

I'm writing up my last (promise!) post about my France trip tomorrow, but felt like breaking up all the Francais talk with some other photos.  Were you sipping a mint julep or a margarita this weekend?

Okay, random weekend breakdown.  It is kind of listy to go with my list theme, so I figured it works.

Friday, Dan and I went to our favorite Mexican restaurant:


and had this fried ice cream with about a two inch shell of fried dough around the ice cream center.  I kind of hated myself afterwards and made Dan run two miles the next day with me to try to work it off.  Or work off about two spoonfuls.


This is the same place I celebrated my 31st birthday this year.  Classy pic of me wearing the child's size sombrero, right?


Saturday, Dan coaxed me into waiting in a three hour line and another two hours on a stadium bleacher to see the President's rally.  He teaches government and had never been to one before.  I have to say even though the whole experience was a time suck (five hours of waiting), it was pretty interesting to hear a presidential speech in person.




That night, I hung out with friends for Cinco De Mayo, just some drinking and gossiping. Mali made her famous margaritas (limeade, beer, tequila).


I just had to share this picture of my friend's daughter.  She cried some crocodile tears until she got to suck on a lime, just for her little baby version of Cinco de Mayo.  Cutest thing ever.


Mali always makes some kind of fabulous treat.  This time she brought a caramel and chocolate pie that is my new favorite dessert.  It's just really gooey, salty, sweet, holy-calories-Batman- amazing.  She said she posted the recipe on Pinterest, so I'll have to snag to share later.

Sunday has been pretty low key (just normal chores and planning), but I did start an amazing book.  Have any of you read this?


It kind of reminds me of The Perks of Being a Wallflower meets... maybe... My Sister's Keeper.  Actually, that is probably selling the book short because it's a bit deeper than that, an unsentimental look at a teenager with cancer.   Randomly, it is written by the same guy that wrote that hilarious book that contained every curse word imaginable that was assigned to my eighth graders for summer reading one year.  I wrote a blog post about it a while ago since I was scared of the onslaught of parent complaints I would be receiving because whatever teacher picked the book had obviously not screened it for the thirteen year old sect.  Anyway, I haven't finished it yet, but have really liked it so far.  I'll let you know what I think when I finish it.

What did you do this weekend?


2 comments:

Josie said...

It looks like you had such a fun weekend! And pleeeassseee share that recipe! Yum!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Nat said...

Looks like such a fun weekend!! Fried ice cream is the best, don't feel guilty about eating it. Your friend Mali sounds amazing, delicious cocktails and desserts!?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...