Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Look who's coming to dinner...

Nobody.  I just like taking photos of my new Target dishes.  Yes, I set the table for fun.  **cough* nerd! * cough**

 

But look!  Everything's so beachy and modern!
I picked up the Target lantern and the dishes, and then just spray painted the middle tray with Rustoleum paint in Key Lime.


Dan and I had his family over this weekend for Mother's Day, so I did get to eventually bust everything out for actual people and not just a mini photo shoot. It doesn't take much to entertain me on a Wednesday night!

 
My favorite part is the striped plates:

I also wanted to share an entree and dessert I found on Pinterest and tried.

The first one is chicken lettuce wraps (same taste as the one from that chain Chinese place P.F. Chang's).  Click here for the full recipe and details.   It's a fresh, summery meal, albeit a tiny bit time consuming.  Here's the ingredients for the sauce:

You just chop up chicken, water chestnuts, onion, and mushrooms, and you're in business.


I keep making it and then eating it for lunch two days afterwards.  Crunchy-iceberg-tangy-spicy-yum.

For Mother's Day, I made this three ingredient key lime pie for Dan's family.  Get Nellie and Joe's Key Lime juice and follow the below recipe:


Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Pie


9" graham cracker pie crust

14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk

3 egg yolks (whites not used)

½ cup Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice

Combine milk, egg yolks and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Pour filling into pie crust and bake at 350º for 15 minutes. Allow to stand 10 minutes before refrigerating. Just before serving, top with freshly whipped cream, or meringue, and garnish with lime slices.

I forgot to take a picture, but it was delicious.  And a total coincidence that it matched with my new dishes.  :)


Pie pic via here.

3 comments:

Josie said...

These lettuce wraps sound SUPER yummy. And I love your summery table settings!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Nat said...

Love it! I saw those dishes and it took all of my self control not to buy them! I'm going to need to try that lettuce wrap recipe

TheLab said...

I laughed out loud at "Nobody. I just like..." Perfect opening :) In my mind, I'm as stylish and awesome as you are! I love your tastes and you make it look easy! In reality, I suck. GREAT job with the table!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...