Sunday, February 20, 2011

The La Vida Lista Encyclopedia: Volume B



Remember when I started the La Vida Lista Encyclopedia a few weeks ago? You know, the place where I categorize the sweet nothings of my everyday life? No? Well, this can jog your memory!

Here is volume B:
  • Bad things that I love
  • Bethany
  • Blog, recently stalked
  • Brain, babies on the

Bad things that I love

I love when something is so bad that it's good. You know, something that makes you cringe but then smile, like cheesy nickname with your spouse (Dan is known as "Danimal")... or anything with Velveeta in it.

A few of my favorite so bad-that-they're-good things include:
* Pug faces- how can something be so wrinkly and yet so simultaneously adorable?
* "Love is a Battlefield" - the cheesiest of all 80's love ballads

* "The Safety Dance"- terrible song + chance at doing synchronized dance = love

* Add "Mambo No. 5" played at weddings. Yes, you will find me on the dance floor.
* The movie Labyrinth- Oh, David Bowie, why do you, the mullet, & tights hold so much entertainment power? Terrible, weird movie... but I still love it.

* The Twilight movies- all those melodramatic sighs and cheesy special effects and "smoldering" stares from Edward that could be confused for constipation, yet my sister and I still go every opening night so we can laugh ourself sick and debate which team we're on
* Us Weekly and any other celebrity gossip mags- terribly written trash, but I (and a certain other teacher I know by the name of Danimal) always reach for them in the grocery line.
See also: the movie Clue

Bethany


My sister Bethany is one of my favorite people in the world. Going along with the above entry, it's appropriate to mention that she's my partner in crime for anything cheesy or nostalgic (Glee, Halloween, the movie Clue). Yep, she's the best... even if she did talk smack about my blog.

Blog, recently stalked


My new favorite blog is 1,000 Awesome Things, which includes shout-outs to such awesomities as:
#313- Showing old people how to do something on the computer
#317- When you hear it snowing
AND # 330, which I just had to share with you:

#330 Clean baby smell




Sniff those powdery fresh fumes as you pick up that fuzzy bundle of flabby cheeks and drooly drips.

Someone just had a bath.

AWESOME!
Photo from: here

Awesome observation of life from 1,000 Awesome things

Which brings us to my last entry in "B"...
Brain, babies on the

I've been amazed by how much I've thought about babies this year. Maybe it's because I'm turning thirty? Or maybe because two of my friends are pregnant and a few from work are? I have no idea, but the inner dialogue doesn't stop. Hmm, am I ready? I want a baby... like, yesterday! Wait... do I? Damn! Do you really lose your hair after giving birth? Wish I hadn't read that story on that pregnancy site. Forty hours of labor? Whoa... Will I be a good mother? Will I be an out-of-control worrier? I love my life now; will it change too much? Will Dan and I be able to remain close? Oh! That baby with the bedhead is too freaking cute! Hmm, am I ready?
And the truth is, I know I am ready (though I'm not pregnant yet). But that doesn't stop the idea of having a baby from being really scary. And it doesn't stop me from asking a bazillion questions and freaking myself out by Googling after each horror story from my colleagues at work. I'm curious: Anyone else out there go through the never ending questions too?
Volume C coming soon!

1 comment:

Josie said...

Here's to embracing a love for the bad things -- ex. I'm currently working my way through every season of The Hills... With scary speed.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...