Monday, February 7, 2011

All sweetness and light

Dan let me have full reign of decorating our bedroom, which was fun for me because I got to have a dreamy, b & b look. Not the most masculine room ever, but it's definitely my style!

Anyhoo, I did a few small updates three weeks ago and finally am getting around to hitting publish. The updates included: a DIY framed piece of "art", a reading nook, a new side table, and a shit ton of lamps! There are five in all, making it the most illuminated room in the house.

Before, our bed was kind of lopsided with only one lamp and side table:


And here it is with my new side table and lamps:


The lamps are those same Target one that I bought for the living room. I'm kinda boring in that when I find, say, a shirt I like, I buy it in two colors. I don't really care about variety. So when I needed lamps for my bedside tables, I simply bought two more of these teardropped ones. What can I say? I like the linen shade.



For the corner of the room, I framed paint samples for a piece of art:



I loved how this completely stolen idea worked out! I borrowed it from Katie at Bower Power. (See how hers turned out here, along with fabulous instructions.) This project was pretty easy. In short, I just took some paint samples I had lying around, taped a few of them together, and framed them.

Can I just interject to say that my dream job would be naming paint colors? The below frame contains such luscious colors as "Venetian blue", "Peacock", "Whisper" as well as the sweet food-themed one "blueberry cobbler". Yum...

Lastly, I found some pretty unique lamps at Home Goods, like this artichoke guy:


And this one with the flowerered shade. Dan grimaced when he saw the dahlia print, but he came around. He finally grudgingly admitted that it's kind of modern.



Lastly, I added a tiny reading nook.


I think it's my favorite room in the house now! :) Just wanted to share!

6 comments:

Savvy Farmgirl said...

I Love it!! It looks awesome!!

I love the framed paint chips! What a simple and el cheapo idea!! Nice job!

Josie said...

I LOVE that chalkboard! Super cute. And the idea of using paint samples as art is absolutely brilliant.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Nat said...

What is the paint color on your walls? I'm looking for a better blue for our bedroom right now it's a little to little boy nursery blue!

Christen said...

Hi, Nat. The color is River Rock from Behr (at least I think that's the name... if it's not that, then it's something very similar!) :)

Hattie said...

Love! You've created such a peacful room. Those lamps are awesome - I fall hard for linen shades too!

Anonymous said...

You have an eye for simple beauty. The frugal artist! --SMC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...