Friday, October 15, 2010

Halloween Decor: Part 2


I'm back with a bit more Halloween decor!

Here is a (rather blurry) picture of my table:


I kept the center pretty simple:

To start off, I put down a burlap runner for texture and two metallic cups with votives for some sparkle:

I turned the faux antler candlestick I recently bought from Zgallerie...
on its side so that it wasn't so freakishly tall. I have to say, I like it so much better lying down. It kind of brings a bit of (fake) nature inside.

I'm sure you've seen this next trick before: Martha's bleeding candles! I have wanted to try it since I saw it on here. And let me tell you, it was so easy. Buy white tapers and one red candle, drip melted red wax down the side, done!

Lastly, to balance out an empty corner in the dining room, I put a table with a white tray, white pumpkin Dan and I picked up at the pumpkin patch the other day, and the other pumpkin I made over with chalkboard spray paint.

I like the "yin" and "yang" thing these pumpkins have going on. Oh, and the foreboding message came from Scrabble tiles.
Just for fun, here another Halloween tablescape I thought was kinda different:

From Pottery Barn

I especially love PB's chalkboard stones:
But, really, is there anything chalkboard related that I don't love??

Happy sigh...


So, that wraps up my Halloween decor! Hope you all enjoyed!

On an unrelated note, wanna win a CSN gift card? Feel free to enter my giveaway!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Love the antlers! And good call on flipping it over, you're right, it definitely looks more natural. The scrabble letters are so clever too!

Josie said...

Still loving that chalkboard pumpkin! And the Scrabble letters are genius.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Strand Family said...

I saw your post on my blog. You read too fast...I didn't make it. I got it from Target :) I wish I made it and I was tempted to tell everyone who asked me that I made it, but my talents don't come near a needle and thread.

Rocio @ Casa Haus said...

My! I love the bloody candles!!!!

Punctuation Mark said...

how much fun to have all of this in your house... love the birds on the wall... very hitchcock like!

Bethy said...

These are amazing decorations! Kinda jealous as mine are all mitch matched and a bit kiddie. Hey, it's all in spirit of Halloween right?? Can't wait to see you! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...