Thursday, October 8, 2009

"Pick-me-up after long day" list

At first, my day went like this:

Fussing at students
Writing detentions
scrambling to copier
calling about said detentions
teaching, teaching, teaching
lesson totally bored the kids
iBooks not working during testing
strap broke on favorite pair of espadrilles
flu shot after school

But later...

Cuddling with Dan
hot apple cider
cold, homemade pumpkin bars
cream cheese frosting
The Office wedding
cracking up at Andy's crotch injury
watching hilarious wedding video on You Tube ,
(if you watched The Office, then you know why)

It's been a good day!

(If anyone wants it, I'll post this easy recipe for pumpkin bars tomorrow.
The above picture is from here because, while mine were delicious, they weren't as pretty as these!)

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Christen, I loved this and your last blog about your decorations. It's so great to enjoy the little things in life like you do. I loved your playfulness regarding the birds and the rats. You make life full of wonder. Mom

Heidi said...

Mmmmmm...yes post this yummy recipe please!! I love how you can find the silver lining-- Yesterday I spent the day in meetings (boring!) and in between meetings trying to navigate my way through rain and street puddles that were a foot deep & I also got my flu shot. Let's just say sushi and sweatpants after work made it all better!

Aline said...

yes, please post the recipe!

Carrie Hewitt said...

I'm anxious for the recipe too! My dad and stepmom are coming up from Florida for Halloween and I would love to have a nice "fall" dessert ready for them. I hope its really easy though. I'm not the greatest in the kitchen...good thing Tim likes canned vegetables and frozen lasagnas!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...