Monday, May 3, 2010

For all you fellow newbie cooks out there

I cooked this weekend (!) and was so excited that my meal actually turned out pretty delicious that Dan took a picture of my victorious moment.


I generally don't cook. I can chop, heat Lean Cuisines, and love to bake, but never make elaborate meals (unless you count my "just do it challenge #3"). This one was beginner friendly though, for anyone out there who may want to try it. It's orechiette with chicken meatballs, Giada's recipe, with fresh basil, tomato, and mozzarella, parmesan, and romano cheese. Seriously, can you ever go wrong when three types of cheese are involved??


And for anyone out there who wants to fix a lazy Italian dessert/snack for after this meal, I recently discovered what might be the most perfect combination of all time:



Nutella and banana slices on graham cracker. Holy moly is this good! I tried Nutella in Italy for the first time ever, and there's no going back now! Then I saw this snack idea online, and now I'm a full on fiend. No recipe necessary. You're welcome in advance!

(Pictures from here, here, here, and here.)

7 comments:

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

Looks DELICIOUS! I love Giada. And Nutella!

Kelly

p.s. How cute do you look in that picture?!

Ali said...

It's so funny that you posted this tonight because I just cooked an appetizer for my family (zucchini and mozzarella flatbread) and am feeling pretty good about my amateur skills.

And look at you go! Sounds delicious. Nice job, lady!

Oh, and Nutella? BEST. THING. EVER.

Josie said...

You are absolutely adorable. I'm a great baker but my cooking skills are limited to plain pasta... I had a boyfriend who was SUCH a good cook and tried to teach me but it was kind of a disaster. Either way, I'm obsessed with all things Food Network and you can NEVER go wrong with a little Giada. It looks delicious!
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Hattie said...

That looks really good! I haven't tried Nutella yet, but I can imagine that those flavor combos would rock.

Strand Family said...

I've been cooking up a storm lately. Took me a while to get into it, but I'm venturing into foods I've never cooked or eaten like spaghetti squash and brussel sprouts.
I wish I liked hazelnut. I had friends in high school who lived off of nutella and I've never been able to like it.

Anonymous said...

Cooking (and eating) adds spice to life! Wish I knew what Nutella might be? Is it a nut butter of some kind? --SMC

Deb said...

Looks yummy! I have never tried Nutella but I guess I should. Thanks for stopping by my blog and my living room paint color is called Cappuccino by Restoration Hardware. I really love it but it does look much darker in the pictures than it really is. Enjoy your weekend! Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...