Sunday, June 14, 2009

The birthday celebration list

"You say it's your birthday. It's my birthday too, yeah!" Happy b-day to my hubby!

Dan loves birthdays. A lot. And he has milked his for all its worth! It's very funny because he's usually a low key guy, but he becomes an excited ten year old every June 12th. He talks about it about two weeks ahead of time, gets so excited when I cook him breakfast that morning, and in general has a blast soaking up the attention. So, what did we do to celebrate him turning 31, a ripe age of maturity and dignity? We acted like kids!




Dan's 31st:

* What did Dan request for his birthday breakfast? Scrambled eggs and reheated greasy leftover pizza. It's nice to have a guy who is so easy to please!

* After work, we went out to a favorite gourmet soup and sandwich place to pig out on barbeque sandwiches and fries and then to Dave & Buster's (adult arcade/bar). Beer + Pacman + air hockey + Guitar Hero = one ecstatic hubby! Are we nerds for going to an arcade?? Can I just also say that Guitar Hero is one of the most addictive games ever?!

* I bought him an i-pod shuffle and filled it with his favorite songs by the Beatles and Led Zeppelin, to which he bopped around the house like one of those silhouette people from the ipod commercial for the next half hour.

* We pigged out on the Oreo pie that I made.

* We shopped for a new bike (yes, a bit of a splurge, but he's been wanting it for forever.) He kept talking about how "kick ass" Lance Armstrong is. I try not to roll my eyes when he talks about biking up the entire east coast. Keep dreaming. :)

* On Saturday, he played golf and went out for drinks with college buddies (while I got a little much needed girl hang out time going out for Thai food! Yum!)

* Lastly, we pigged out on a decadent brunch at Can Can brasserie. Yes, more overindulgent eating. We were definitely bad this weekend! Two orders of eggs benedict, a basket of bread, and two butter croissants later, we then went out to see The Hangover, the ultimate guy movie.

Just like a kid who has sugar crashed from birthday cake, Dan's taking the longest nap ever now. I think our birthday celebration wore him out!

To end in a very Dan appropriate way, I leave you with The Beatles:

"You say it's your birthday. We're gonna have a good time!"

5 comments:

Strand Family said...

What a great birthday celebration!I love people who love birthdays! I hate when people won't admit how old they are or celebrate their birthdays.
(By the way, you can tell Dan that I'm pretty sure Lance eats his veggies :)

Christen said...

Ha ha! Yeah, I'll definitely have to tell him that! :) I love when people enjoy their birthdays too. Why be blasé about getting older when you have an excuse to chow down cake?!

Brooke said...

Aw that post was awesome! I have always wanted to go to Dave and Busters!! So fun! Oreo pie...MmmMmm!

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS! As someone that celebrates her birthday for a month, I heartily approve.

Carlito86 said...

Oreo pie? I want! Happy Birthday to Dan, sounds like you had a lovely day :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...