Saturday, June 6, 2009

The stylin' 80's list

Girls just wanna have fun!

Could I have come up with a more cliché opening line for my Friday in NOVA watching 80's cover band The Legwarmers? Hmm.. well, my other options were "Material Girls", or, I could have gotten like totally creative and modified the title of a Whitesnake song by simply writing "Here we go again!", but that wouldn't have made much sense because this is the first time I've seen the show. Well, anyway, girls really do wanna ("they just wa-nna!") have fun, and that's just what we did.

I went to the show with my actual sis, a sorority sister, her boyfriend, and his roomie. Dan chose to preserve his dignity by NOT donning the requisite mullet or track suit and instead staying home for a guys night. I was actually kind of nervous about going because I'm a low key gal on Fridays after working a hellishly long week. Call me a grandma, but renting videos and snuggling with Dan suits me just fine. What would the other 80's style party-goers think if my eyelids drooped in the middle of, say, "Wake me up before you go-go"?? Oh, the horror! Luckily, the band was so fun that I was able to keep some energy throughout the whole night.

Just as a quick and easy re-cap, here is my list of what I spotted this past Friday:


1. Mullets, track suits, and piano neckties:




2. Fellow Zeta sister Miranda sporting the classic "Frankie says RELAX" t-shirt.


3. Three girls (i.e.- us) constantly re-applying bubble gum pink lipstick and turquoise eye shadow


4. Shrieking female fans when one of the lead singers, goes by pseudonym Cru Jones, in his oh-so-tight pants and mullet leaned out to the crowd. My sister and I were part of said crowd. She was able to touch his hand. (Lucky bitch. Ha ha!:)


5. Twenty and thirty something crowd screeching all lyrics (and fist pumping to "Eye of the Tiger"). Also, group of five playing air guitar constantly (that would be us.) No picture for this one, so album cover will have to suffice:


6. Totally rad accessories: glow in the dark earrings, mesh tights and gloves, bangles


I feel like I need to jam more 80's lingo into my ending. Hmmm... well, here are a few more totally awesome and excellent photos before I need to "book it" out of here:






2 comments:

Strand Family said...

What a radical night! :) Last year I got to see MCHammer and Cyndi Lauper at a benefit for my work. Got my picture with MC too...But I wasn't all decked out like you...totally wish I had done that.

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

my sister had that same frankie t-shirt and one w/ a bad word on it. my parents were not happy\!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...