Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Halloween Decor: Part 2

So, I've already shared my living room after it had been Halloweenified:

Here is my dining room!  The birds started wrecking havoc on my frames, per the usual.  I like to have at least one out of balance, just for fun:

Besides posting the birds, I brought in some fall leaves, my burlap runner, broke out a two pound bag of candy corn, and added one more Halloween pillow:

I've seen this idea to use the candy corn as vase filler, so I decided to try it.  By the way, I kept noticing a slightly askew candle and finally realized that the candy corn wasn't as high as before.   Dan had been snacking every time he went by- ha ha!

The candle on the left is pumpkin scented, of course.  It makes me want to bake my whoopie pies again.

I found this cube for a couple bucks at a vintage store last year; it's kinda whimsical, right?






Lastly, my foyer is looking festive with more leaves, a labeled bottle of wine, and one of my dollar store skulls nestled in a bowl of candy.  I also spray painted some branches from my backyard black and stuck them in the trick r' treat bucket.




This was taken a week ago.  There's barely any candy left in the bowl anymore. :)

4 comments:

Josie said...

I saw that candy corn/candle idea on Pinterest and suffice to say I'm OBSESSED with it.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Holly said...

Love the decorations! And now I want some candy corn. Mmm!

Nat said...

Love the decorations!! I'm not a big holiday decorator at all

Jenna at Homeslice said...

Cristen,

I love your mantel! It looks awesome. Especially the spooky tree and those black feathers. Completely creative and I love the vibe. Thanks for coming by Homeslice- glad to have found your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...