Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Aging Gracefully List

Turning 29 wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. Before I get into that though, here's a little blog humor for you all, courtesy of a birthday card from my parents:

Ha ha! I'm always razzing my sister for not reading my blog (especially after her oh-so-sensitive, "No one wants to read that boring shit!" comment) and I squeal whenever I get a new follower, so I definitely understand that blogger on the card.

Anyway, as I said, it was a very good birthday. More than any present or wish, though, I was calmed by discovering the recipe for aging with grace and dignity. Apparently, this is all I need in any birthday:

1. Sugar.

Dan bought me cupcakes and surprised me by taking me out on Thursday to the Melting Pot fondue restaurant for dessert with some friends :) Below is the carnage leftover from the red velvet cupcake I devoured for a snack.


2. Alcohol. Gotta have some liquid courage when facing the last year of a decade in my twenties. I'm pretty much a tee-totaler, so a few beers over bowling did me just fine!


3. Supportive friends- The kind that won't heckle me (too mercilessly) when I scored a 42 on bowling. ( Athletic ability is not in my genes.)

5. More sugar. My mom made homemade chocolate caramel fondue (no such thing as too much fondue!)

6. Idiocy. Clue playing and "chubby bunny" (see previous post!)






Notice that I only included embarrassing pictures of my sister doing "chubby bunny" for this post. Serves her right for not reading my blog! Don't know what chubby bunny is?! Read my previous post.

5 comments:

Strand Family said...

I love that card! It looks like a fun birthday. Sugar is good for pretty much any holiday.

Josie said...

This sounds like a positively lovely birthday... Mmm, cupcakes. And I have a theory that no one is actually GOOD at bowling; people who get lucky just like to talk about how awesome they are...
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Nat said...

I love that card!!! It looks like it was an awesome birthday!

TheLab said...

I think this might be one of my favorite posts of yours ever! I laughed SO hard at what your sister says about your blog... and then, when you posted those photos of her at the end? PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!

I have a sis, too. And this is just soooooo sisterly in every way!

And, the card? Oh my gosh, whoever wrote that card is seriously a GENIUS! SO TRUE!

Just an awesome, awesome post.

Anonymous said...

Yes, an awesome post from an awesome person. I love your lists. Let's see now. To have a good time you need sugar, alcohol, friends, more sugar, and idiocy. Wonder what I'll do. I guess I'll take double doses of friends and idiocy. --SMC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...