Thursday, March 25, 2010

29 and holding for the next few years...

Today is my birthday!
Cue The Beatles' song Dan played for me on YouTube this morning.

I'm 29, almost at the end of the supposedly wild (yeah, right!), carefree 20's.

It feels somehow momentous, like the last round of a race. Anyone out there feel like they had to jam in a bunch of to do's before turning 30? I've always loved birthdays, but I'm feeling a tiny bit rattled by this one. I haven't done much of the big stuff like started my Master's, or figured out the plan for babies, and I have so many random "to do's" left too (get flat abs, which completely does not work with the baby plan, read more of the classics, be greener). I know 30 is a completely artificial deadline, but you all know how those decade birthdays are known to be quite the bitch.

You better believe a new list is coming soon!

Until then, I'm off to enjoy cake for breakfast. (Flat abs can wait.)

9 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday! I found your blog through the 30 by 30 blog. Yesterday was the 6 month mark before my 30th, and I've been working on a list too. Also, I'm with you on the 29 and holding! I tell people that I plan on being 29 for at least a couple more years!

Strand Family said...

Happy birthday!! All great things to have on your list. I say go for the baby over the flat tummy. I loved wearing maternity clothes. My stomach was actually supposed to look round! Well, and you get a wonderful baby at the end. The flat tummy only gets you hunger and crankiness.
I turn 29 in September and I've already been working on my "to do" list before I turn 30. Well, working on it in my head. Of course, I won't start until my 29th birthday. :)
Have a wonderful day!

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

Happy birthday! If you're interested, I wrote about this the other day here: http://tearinguphouses.blogspot.com/2010/03/to-do.html

Kelly

Josie said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a fantastic day full of love and happiness... And can't wait for your next list!
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Nat said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! Don't worry next year will just be the 1st anniversary of your 29th birthday :)

TheLab said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I promise 30 is good. I'm 3 years into it, and I'm smarter, happier and more content than I was in my 20s. I don't exactly love the number 30-something, but life sure is better!!!

;) L

Carrie Hewitt said...

Hope you and Dan had a great time celebrating YOU today! Isn't the BIG trip coming up sometime very soon?

Ali said...

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! 29 years. It seems like the day before yesterday. Yes, there's much to do. There always is. But there are also great adventures ahead. For now, let's celebrate the 29 wonderful years you've lived. I know I do. --SC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...