Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Thankful List



Happy Thanksgiving!

I assigned a writing prompt to my eighth grade students on Tuesday where they had to list at least twenty blessings they were thankful for. Their answers made me smile! A few favorites:

* "Pop Rocks foaming with Pepsi in my mouth"
* "My annoying sister leaving her diary out so I can blackmail"
* "My hair straightener so my hair doesn't look like crap"

I like that they included the huge blessings (God, family, friends) with the small ones, too ("scoring a goal", "Twilight", "the Saw movies are awesome!", "Birthday Cake Re-mix ice cream from Coldstone's").

Here are a few of my smaller ones:

* My husband's happy dance (lots of fist pumping and whooping noises)
* My sister's biting sense of humor
* Greasy pad thai while cracking up at The Office
* painting my house
* When students reach for a high five after receiving an "A"
* Tina Fey
* sweater weather and changing leaves
* hardwood floors in our home
* Pizza Fusion's organic three cheese pizza
* My mom's hugs
* A new lipstick
* Watching The Wizard of Oz when I need cheering up
* A long jog with new songs on iPod
* fresh flowers on table
* Junior Mints
* design websites (this young house)
* Coldplay
* My dad's guffaw when he thinks my jokes are funny
* And yes...my hair straightener so my hair doesn't look like crap (Got to agree with that student!)

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Hattie said...

I love your new blog header - too cute! Thanks for joining the orange party :-)

Strand Family said...

I like the thankful for being able to blackmail my sister. That's hilarious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...