Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Jolly List

Yes, it's been two weeks since I've last written (I know, very naughty!), but I promise I'll be better about writing and come up with some new, scintillating posts when I'm on winter break next week. Until then, I'm praying for December 18th to come quick and am basking in this oh-so-fun season. Here are a few items that are making me feel jolly right about now...

1. Playing my yule log DVD
So what if our fireplace isn't in working order yet? Nothing like a LCD screen to keep you warm! Is this not the most hilarious thing ever?! It even makes crackling noises.

2. Romantic winter dates with Dan
Dan always surprises me with a winter date every year. In the past, we've gone to Colonial Williamsburg to see their winter fireworks, driven to every house on the tacky light tour, and have even taken a night carriage ride around Maymont, a local park. This year he surprised me by taking me to Christmas Town at Busch Gardens. (Believe me, there were many theater students in costume. We had fun chortling over the cranky teenagers dressed in elf ears and tights.) Cheesy? A bit, but luckily I adore all things cheesy! What more can a girl ask for than s'mores, hot cocoa, carols, thousands of lit trees, a light show, a train ride, and even real snow?


3. White Elephant Swap

Every year, we go to a party where there is a white elephant gift swap. For whoever who has never played, it's basically where everyone brings a gift and people can swap to try to get the item they want. It taps into everyone's competitive and greedy side! Last year, I won my own gift back, the Yule Log DVD (see #1)!

4. The white chocolate and cranberry cookies I just finished baking

So delicious... Let the emotional eating begin! I'll be better in January '10!

4. The Nutcracker
I try to go every year. I love everything about it: the costumes, the tiaras, the swelling music...
Later, I come home, play my Nutcracker c.d., and try to get Dan to imitate the grand, strenuous lift that the dancers do during the pas de deux. It usually ends with him groaning, "You're too heavy!", thus killing my "No one puts Baby in the corner!" moment.

5. Elf Yourself

Why should the theater students at Busch Gardens (see #2) have all the fun? Here is a video of Dan and me kicking it as elves. A shout-out to Mali and Laura for exposing me to this hilarious website. If the above link does not work, just click on this sentence.

Who else has a jolly list? Come join me by the (faux) fire!

(Cookie photo from here and I-wish-I-was-that-light- Nutcracker photo from here)

3 comments:

Carlito86 said...

I want that log fire DVD! xx

Aline said...

elf yourself is like my favorite thing ever!

Courtney D said...

You're "fire" is killing me! I love that it crackles- because, why wouldn't it!! Enjoy the season!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...