Sunday, November 1, 2009

The costume list

Here's the breakdown of our costumes:
* $10.00 discounted wings and halo
* $3.00 pack of band-aids
* $1.50 pack of balloons
* $2.00 pack of blow-horns,
* $0- streamers we already had in present-wrapping stash, permanent markers I borrowed from school, and white shirts we had lying around

Done!

Now, can you guess which "pick-up-lines" Dan and I dressed as for Halloween?

Here are a few photo clues...

Here's my best injured face as a last hint for mine...
Did you guess?

Dan was "There's a party in my pants (and you're invited!)" while I was "Did it hurt? When you fell from heaven?"



What did we do on Halloween night? We trudged through the rain, periodically self-congratulating ourselves for using permanent marker for Dan's shirt and thus avoiding one giant water-color project, and braved the bump-bumping Richmond club scene!

Cue rave music: mmm... ssss... mmmm...ssss. bump bump

There weren't as many clever costumes as we have seen in past years when we went to D.C. bashes because most people were dressed to be single and mingle. In fact, our "pick-up-line" theme fit in well with the overly-aggressive, "wanna-get-laid?" atmosphere. Many of the guys dressed as famous football players, outfits that allowed them to go shirtless (the Hulk, a Trojan warrior, a Greek god) to show off the hours they've slaved at the gym, or sexual innuendos. A gynocologist named Seymore Bush? Really?! I think I just threw-up in my mouth.

Then, there were the girl costumes. Mean Girls had it right with its quote, "Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it..." We saw many girls sporting bras and underwear, despite the pouring rain outside. In fact, there was no end to the barrage of barely-there costumes, which ranged from skanky librarian to slutty Hermione. I miss the original cute, fluffy haired wizard character in her over-sized robe...

Folks, I think this boring married couple may be finding a quieter place to party next Halloween!

I've got to say that while I had a blast making fun of the whole meat-market club scene with Dan, I've got no room to judge. I'm chagrined to admit that I'm almost always a girly-girl on Halloween, from when I dressed as a princess four times as a kid to even this year's costume. I might not have been pouring out of a skin-tight mini dress out for the world to see, but it was decidedly a cutesy look. In fact, when I was first brainstorming my costume, I said to Dan, "I want to look really busted in my angel costume!" I mentioned blackening one of my teeth, wearing a sling, putting pieces of grass in tangled hair, and slathering blood all over my shirt.

Dan's response? "Yeah right, hon! Like you're really going to mess up your hair!"

I hate it when he's right...

Hope everyone had a good Halloween!

10 comments:

Mrs. Wright said...

Okay, so I'm finally getting around to actually posting on your blog, hoping that the fact that I actually have started to check your site doesn't mean that I am as much a nerd as I think I am... and recognizing that if I check someone's blog, I should actually post something on it.
Props to your writings! GREAT stuff! Love the witticisms and look forward to reading more!
FYI - I cracked up at Dan's comment! ;)

Ali said...

Um, BRILLIANT costume ideas!

Aline said...

you guys are so creative!!!!!

Carrie Hewitt said...

Tim loves Dan's "party in the pants" costume...especially his pose in that picture! Great job you two...you are so creative! Addie was scared of the trick-or-treaters, so we sat inside and ate pizza. She didn't even make it out in her costume...oh well, there's always next year!

Strand Family said...

Love your costumes!! You two much crack each other up all the time.
I heard someone on the radio commenting about sexy witch, nurse, angel, devil etc as the only costumes you can buy. She decided to go as something you just couldn't make sexy like sexy Bernie Madoff(cut suit pants to be hot pants and wear a Madoff face mask) or sexy wearwolf with the top half of the costume, clunky hairy feet and a short skirt. I thought it was hilarious!

said...

Love a good naughty costume! Awesome!

Stopping by from the SITS Halloween Parade :o)

Hattie said...

That is the cutest costume idea! I love it because I know so many girls that have actually heard that line!

Wahookate said...

Nice work!! The costumes look great. I'm glad you two could laugh about the club scene...It's hard to say it, but we're getting old!

Carlito86 said...

Ooh brilliant costumes! Love them! xxx

Christen said...

Laura, that is too funny!! Sexy oompa loompah, perhaps??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...