Monday, September 7, 2009

The "cheesy songs" list

A college friend (and fellow teacher) made me a mixed c.d. to cheer me up after teacher week. It definitely brought me back to the days when my friends and I made each other mixed tapes as little presents and wrote a description for each song (such as..."Song 1 is Mariah Carey's 'Hero' because 'a hero lies in you!'")

I've been listening to her c.d. at night while I'm packing for school. Here are a few of the cheesy songs and descriptions she wrote for me:

New Kids on the Block's "Step by step" - that's how we are getting through that pacing guide

"Take a bow"- because you just dealt with someone else's kid for seven hours

Beyonce's "Irreplaceable" - Call the sub because I am replaceable

Aretha Franklin's "Respect"- Boys and Girls, can you please just give me a little?

Snap's "I've got the Power"- I have the power... to fail you! Mua ha ha ha!

The Fray's "How to save a life"- I'm trying to save lives here, but don't know if it is working

Queen's "We are the champions"- of teaching that is!

Welcome back to school!

Isn't she the funniest? Isn't there nothing like 90's song "I've got the power" to pump up a person's spirit?? :)

4 comments:

Strand Family said...

Love it! How creative. I had to laugh at Hero. I listened to that song every night in the 7th grade.

Ali said...

Oh, I so remember the mix CDs with descriptions - had to have the descriptions!

TheLab said...

EXCELLENT MIX!!! Oh my gosh, the captions next to the song titles are hilarious.

Aline said...

she is hilarious...what a good friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...