Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Halloween Decor

I love a good Halloween mantlescape, so thought I would quickly share what I have going on this year. :)

Here was last year's mantle with framed printed photos from The Birds movie and a DIY chalkboard pumpkin:

I like to switch it up, so this year I spent about fifteen bucks on a few new details to deck out the mantle. Then, I created a bit of an Arachnophobia moment by cutting plastic spiders off those cheap Halloween rings they sell at Target.

Photobucket

I bought some black plumes from Hobby Lobby and stuffed an apothecary jar full of Spanish moss (loved that during our trip to Savannah). Then, I put out stuff I already had like the magnifying glass, white ceramic branch, and candles. I guess Dan is right... I do buy way too much random decorative stuff throughout the year, but at least I'm using it this season. :)

Photobucket
Here is a close up of the spiders crawling up the wall:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am loving this apothecary jar, which I bought in September. I stuffed one of the rings under the cover to look like it is trying to break in to meet his friends. The jar is also filled with black stones and more plastic spiders, althought it's hard to see in the picture.

Photobucket

You'll have to trust me that the below rather blurry, dark picture looked sooo much better in person with the candles all glowing. You can also see the mice silhouettes on the stairs which I break out every year.

Photobucket


In the other room, I set up my Halloween tree again and hung the treat boxes to keep with the spider theme:
Photobucket



Photobucket


This bottle of wine is from last year, but I thought it fit in with the colors:
Photobucket
I still used the ravens and had them peck on my new picture display (later blog post coming on those photos!)
Photobucket

Photobucket


Lastly, I wrote a spooky quote on my chalkboard door in the kitchen (sorry for the blurry picture quality):




I had to bring a little Halloween flair into the kitchen since I'm trying some new pumpkin recipes this week which I'll be bringing to my sister's Halloween party. I promise to post if they come out good. :)

5 comments:

Josie said...

Your chalkboard note is too cute! And I love the addition of the mirror to your mantle.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

bethany said...

Oh my gosh. Loving your decor...I'm in the process of decorating my place for a party this weekend, so I thank you in advance for the inspiration!! :)

LizzieBeth said...

I love me an apothecary jar, and the spiders are so clever!!

LB

TheLab said...

Oh for goodness sake, you are SO COOL!!!!!!!!

I love all of this! Amazing!!!

Christen said...

Awww, thanks for the Halloween love, everyone!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...