Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer This and That

Hi! I don't have a ton to write about unless anyone wants to hear about summer school??  No?   Then, I'll just share a few summer things, like unnecessary Target cuteness and my favorite summer drink instead.  Here are a few summer "to do's" I recently finished.  Get jealous of my motivation lately:

1) Target has really cute summer stuff.  No, I don't think anybody really needs an icecube tray in the shape of lemon slices, but I couldn't resist. 

I made my sister's "Summer Fun" themed gift because she has been all about her balcony space lately and Target basically provided everything but the liquor:



The gift consisted of:

* A white ice bin for holding drinks
* A graphic dish towel for party fouls
* Lemonade mix and liquor for the best drink ever.  See below for "recipe".
* Fun straws and a lemon shaped ice cube tray
* A magazine with The Bachelorette gossip
* A modest gift card to her favorite store to buy a summer top
* Vine lights to hang on balcony for A Mid-Summer Night's Dream look


2.  Best drink ever:  I am not a fan of sickeningly sweet drinks, like Mike's Hard Lemonade, but I surprisingly do like this one:
* Lemonade (preferably fresh squeezed, but Country Time will work)
* Firefly sweet tea vodka
* Ice
* That's it.

Make to taste, stir, serve.  I love an Arnold Palmer without the overwhelming alcohol taste.


I first heard of this combo on Pinterst.  Their version was a thousand times fancier looking:


3) Trivia Night:  Dan and I did the trivia night with friends that was on my summer list.  Dan is a Jeopardy jedi, so his nerdy power combined with the other two guys won us first place! 

Mali and I were not as helpful.  :)

At least our big winnings paid for a round of drinks!



The summer list is getting whittled down now...

1. Learn to use my DSLR camera
2. Go to an outdoor summer concert
3. Make homemade ice cream
4. Put together cute theme gift for Bethy
5. Create photo books for all recent vacations (thank you, Shutterfly!)
6. Read five new books
7. Cook five new dishes
8. Celebrate anniversary with something new
9. BBQ and baseball game
10. Try something new on Pinterest
11. Beach trip with family
12. Trivia night with friends
13. Visit a farmer's market

2 comments:

Josie said...

Trivia night is the BEST. So much fun! And seriously, Target's seasonal section is my downfall every time it changes. I love it all!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Annette | Bucket List Journey said...

I think everyone needs a lemon slice shaped ice cube tray! Adorable :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...