Wednesday, December 14, 2011

H is for...

La Vida Lista Encyclopedia: Volume H

Since I already had two posts about gratitude, I figured letter "G" is covered. I'm moving on to letter...

Randomly, there are three things going on in my life that fit neatly into this "H" category. I'm saving the best for last... an "H" themed party! Yes, really.

Hardware:

I kicked some more brass. That's right. Before the hardware on my front door looked like this:

Photobucket


Photobucket
I spent a Sunday afternoon unscrewing everything, positioning them on the cardboard boxes, and spraying them with this exact method I found from YHL. It updated the look for less than ten bucks, even if it was more time consuming to figure out how to reassemble than I had anticipated.

Photobucket
There are still ninety-nine problems with the front of our house, but our handle ain't one. Small victories, people. See the new dark look?

Photobucket


Photobucket

Moving right along...

Holiday decor:

More on my new holiday decor next week when I have a chance to breathe (NO school! Woo hooooo!), but I thought I'd share one thing:

I have a turquoise, blue, and white color scheme going on in my dining room:
Photobucket

So I took the mason jars that I scored from my sister-in-law's wedding, filled them with sea salt "snow", spray painted a faux tree and bush, and made a little snowglobe sans the water:
Photobucket

Next week, I'll show off more decor and the other one I made after bleaching a few faux trees white.

Lastly, to round off volume "H"...

The H party

Some of Dan's quirky friends from work through a holiday party with an "H is for Holiday" theme. They requested that everyone come dressed as something starting with an "H".

Interweb, I give you... my hubby dressed as Harry Potter:
Photobucket

Hahahahahaha! This has been cracking me up all week!

His graduation robe + a Redskins scarf + faux glasses = the sexiest Harry ever

I pulled out my "house" Halloween costume and my sister Bethy came along dressed as "Heaven and Hell"
Photobucket
Ignore my sister's odd "I'm hammered" expression. The above picture was taken at the end of the night.

I didn't get very many pictures of all the great cosumes (Hokie! Hippie! Hermit Crab! Hester Prim! Holiday sweaters!) but here's a random one of Dan and a colleague dressed as a hiker:

Photobucket

H overload: Heaven and Hell, Hairstylist, Captain Hook, Heaven:
Photobucket

Random but fun party! I'll leave you with two more photos we took at the end of the night.

The hostess set up one of those stick-your-head-in-the-holes picture ops:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Happy holidays!

1 comment:

Josie said...

Cute! I love your little Christmas decorations!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...