Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer is a time for the beach, barbeques, and...

organizing?


Yup, for this girl it is since I actually have a five week break from teaching school/ summer school and finally have time to conquer little things that annoy me during the year.


I always make a giant "to do" list guaranteed to make me awesome in every way... and then I ignore said list and only do the fun stuff on it and feel kind of pissed at myself for slacking come September.


Every once in a while, I feel mightly accomplished with myself if I actually conquer one of the nagging things on my list. Case in point: get/make a charging station to organize cords. Thought I'd share this tiny organization victory.

Before, my cords were a mess, and if I wanted to charge, say, my iPod, I'd have to unplug the lamp or one of our phone cords. And, no, this is not a staged picture where I tried to throw cords everywhere. It really did look like this:






I kept Googling stations, but most of them were pretty pricey:


I spotted this fabric covered box at Target for $12 on sale and noticed that there were two oval openings as handles on either side:


I kind of like the muted graphic pattern. If you squint at this dark photo, you can kind of see it:



The rest of this organization isn't really brain surgery. I slipped a power strip through the back whole and plugged in our mess of cords:







Presto: Put lid on to cover mess. Take lid off to charge something.



A blog post and organization in one day = successful summer morning in my book.

The more interesting "fun list" is coming soon!

1 comment:

Josie said...

YAY! What a great idea -- I should try this for my dorm desk; it gets to be such a disaster.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...