Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spring To Do List

Something about spring makes me want to actually get stuff done, especially with my recent discovery of Pininterest, a site that has tons of inspiration pictures. It's basically the online version of the dorky binders I keep for hoarding inspiration photos from magazines. In short, I've been obsessed with it... and it's made me want to start on my own spring to do list:

Here are a few that caught my interest:

I love the chalkboard door (althought the scarily organized apothecary closet is definitely something that would only exist in Catalog Living- ha ha!):

Photobucket

And this photo made me want to have a better backyard:
Photobucket

I love the idea of using mason jars to create lighting outside:
Photobucket




Sigh.

Yep, the only issue I have with going on Pininterest is that it makes me want to start too many projects at once.




My Spring To Do List

* Paint a chalkboard in my kitchen (a la closet at top of post)

* Tidy up landscaping in front yard

* Find perfect burger recipe (ours always fall apart)

* Have a cook-out for friends or family

* Make our backyard somewhere we could hang occasionally





The last one is my biggest. Why? We've only eaten out there ONCE in FIVE YEARS. In case you are wondering why that may be, let me give a virtual tour.

Here's our patio now, smothered in magnolia leaves:


Photobucket

The rest of the yard is equally a disaster, with overgrown shrubs:

Photobucket




TONS of monkey grass:

Photobucket






Trees in need of pruning:

Photobucket





More monkey grass (with poison ivy hidden inside):

Photobucket

Monkey grass, monkey grass, monkey grass:
Photobucket


Photobucket




I'll let you know if we actually finish any of the above items. We've started all of them, guns blazing!
Photobucket
Any excuse to wear those oh-so-sexy goggles, right? :)

2 comments:

Josie said...

I love that chalkboard idea -- brilliant! Can't wait to hear about how all of your summer projects turn out.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

oooh, i'd love to see a backyard makeover!

kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...