Sunday, December 8, 2013

One Month

Soooo, I decided to rip off ideas from Pinterest (cough ** YHL and Shannanigans and a billion others) to do monthly photos.  Mine are just going to be a cute, seasonal outfit, a speech bubble saying, and a fun background.  I smell fodder for photo calendar gifts come next Christmas!

I figured I'll write down a few of Coleson's firsts and likes each month as a type of highlight reel.  These posts will be focused more on him and not me becoming a mom, so you won't see rants about exhaustion or breastfeeding (although I want to post about the more difficult moments separately.)

Anyway, here is his one month photo:



This one came out kind of like Lichtenstein art.  I think it's the dots.

Month One:

Dear Coleson,

I'm guessing these letters will be more for me, a snapshot of what you were like during each month of the first year.   After all, by the time you are actually able to read, you'll probably be more interested in building with your Legos and horse playing with Daddy than hearing about what you were like as a baby.  But that's okay.  I like the idea of writing to you.

Apparently, you like the finer things in life:  a fine bottle (of formula), playing the (Fisher Price mat) piano, and listening to classical music.  You are quite the music aficionado, gazing contentedly at me when I play Bach or Pachabel during the morning time.  Oh, and when you are losing it due to a gas episode, you always stop when we pump your legs whilst cranking Salt n' Pepa's "Push it".  You must understand our ironic love of 90's hip hop.

You had so many firsts this month.  I was so nervous for your first bath that I made it a first-class spa experience.  I dimmed the lights, wrapped you in a warm towel straight from the dryer, and then submerged you while still enveloped in the towel so your skin would stay toasty if you move around.  You screamed like I had just stuck you with needles when the lukewarm water hit.  But then you calmed down and fell asleep while mom and I cleaned out your baby rolls.  Have I mentioned you have the most cherubic folds on your legs??  The next bath time you were much better.  It's become one of your (and my) favorite things to do.



You had your first Halloween and Thanksgiving, both of which you slept through while wearing adorable seasonal outfits.  Your mama loves dressing you up and taking family photos!  We traced your hand on the tablecloth at Thanksgiving, so we can see how you grow.  This was also the day you gave us your first (non-gas) smile.



 

Other first included:

Your first walk



First meetings with many friends who came to bring us food and see you:

your first case of the Mondays:

And your first "No Shave Movember":


 I often read the book On the Night You Were Born.  Your Daddy and I both cried the first time I did.  It ends with, "For you are fearfully and wonderfully made. - Psalm 139"  I say that to you all the time.  "Fearfully and wonderfully made... kiss... kiss... ooh looks at those leg rolls!  wonderfully made, wonderfully made!"  I stare in your eyes and say it.

We love you, Coleson. 

- Your mama



3 comments:

Strand Family said...

Cute photo idea! Love the dots.

I laughed out loud about the Salt n Pepa song. We always sang "Drop it like its hot" when we tried to get the gas out of Penny's stomach :)

Aubrey said...

Aw! So so cute!!

Laura said...

I love this! He is so cute, and you look AMAZING! You do not look like you have a newborn. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...