Sunday, September 29, 2013

Foyer Update

Apparently, summer and September are the only times we ever do updates on our home.  I would blame nesting instincts, but in actuality, I keep a mammoth "get it done" list for our house the entire year and then finally get off my ass to get things done in late August.  

Not much to see, but I wanted to share my little foyer update. It probably doesn't translate via a few pictures very well, but here it goes. We started with this:

Dingy caulk on ceiling, ugly light, minimal storage:


And now "foyer" viewing pleasure... let's fast forward:
 one painting of ceiling,
 four hooks,
 a giant basket, 
a complicated construction of a ladder shelf, 
an installation of a cool light fixture, 
and a rug that matches the light later...



I love this light fixture's Moroccan tile feel...


  It was kinda like the Sheldon of house spaces... completely awkward.  You know, with it's random door in the middle and no real wall space.  It doesn't look like much, but it took us forever and I'm much happier with it now.  Now, I have a place to store keys, bags, greeting cards from friends/family, etc, and have I mentioned the light fixture is my favorite in the house??

House stuff never feels done, you know?  I get major envy whenever I check out all those DIY blogs.  Oh, and Dan and I sneaked in a few hours going on home tours of "dream homes" yesterday. Massey Cancer Center bought four homes in Chester, Va and had designers work their magic on them.  

I mean... can we talk??

Coffered ceilings..


Fancy kitchens...

Man rooms Dan was in love with (I thought this was a bit much, like something Hefner would hang out in, but he adored it.  Must have been all the leather)...


Tubs I would never want to leave...

Sigh... nice to dream.  

My house reality is that it takes me seven years to update a room the size of a large dining room table.  
Still, I feel accomplished. :)


1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Looks great! I LOVE the light fixture and the rug!! You have great taste :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...