Thursday, February 21, 2013

February this and that...

Still February, so I thought I'd post some random going ons lately:

Made these: Strawberry Heart Oreos

recipe and picture from here

My sister Bethany and I visited a mutual friend who is going through a really hard time two weekends ago.  Without getting into details, it was clear that she needed a girls' day, so we drove to her and spent the afternoon eating Mexican and downing margaritas.  I also baked and brought her a batch of these ridiculously fattening heart cookies.

Mine didn't look as good as the above ones, but they were still fun to make:




Watching this soon: Downton Abbey

via here
My friend Missy leant me her BluRay.  I have to balance out all the episodes of The Bachelor that Dan and I have been watching.  Is it as good as everyone says?  Weigh in if you've seen it!


Added these:  Lights to guest room

No more lopsidedness:



Thank you, Target!

Tried this: Traveling journal


Dan and I started a new Valentine's idea: the traveling journal! I heard about this online: grab an old journal, write your husband a love note, leave it somewhere with a pen and a note that says "Read me! Write me one back on the next page whenever you want and leave it somewhere for me to find." I had a journal someone gifted me at Christmas that actually said travel on it and we put it to good use.





We've written about a dozen notes back and forth, mostly inside jokes and quoting our favorite lines from Parks and Rec. I'm thinking it will be a February tradition so we don't put too much pressure on ourselves to keep it up all year. 

How was everyone's Valentine's Day?  Ours was nice: I actually made dinner and dessert, and Dan surprised me with an enormous, fluffy robe from the hotel where we spent our wedding night!  I might not ever take it off...

7 comments:

Aubrey said...

Cute, cute, cute.... All of it :)

Josie said...

Your cookies turned out a million times cuter than mine ever would have, first of all. And can I please come stay in that gorgeous guest room?
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Strand Family said...

I've been watching Downton since the first episode was shown in the states 3 years ago. I love it and may have a slight bout of depression this Sunday at 8 that I don't get to be magically transported to Edwardian england (hope it lives up to the hype!)

Those cookies are adorable!

I love the travel love note journal.

Christen said...

Thanks, Josie!!

Christen said...

I feel like I'm really late jumping on the downton train! I'm excited to check it out!

Sally said...

Thanks for stopping by!! Now following you:))

LOVE those heart cookies. Wish I were more ambitious....

The bedroom looks AWESOME....love the colors & lights.

TheLab said...

Oh my gosh, promise I'm not making this up - I thought the first photo of your guest room was something you found online! I thought it was a professional shot of a designed room! Momma mia, you're so talented! It's beautiful!And I love the journal idea. You rock.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...