Sunday, September 25, 2011

Just a nice September Saturday

Thank for all of your amazing comments on my last post. I can't tell you how oddly liberating it was to write about what was going on after weeks of feeling sad. Your support means so much. Truly.

I thought I'd share a few pictures from one of the actual happy days this month. During a recent Saturday, Dan and I went to Williamsburg again to bike ride and have lunch. Yes, that's two trips during the course of a few weeks. Maybe there's something soothing about a recreation of a bygone era?

I guess there's not much to see in these pictures. It was just a nice day.

We lunched outside the Cheese Shop, the specialty shop famous for fancy sides and gormet sandwiches. I like the pimiento cheese and roast beef one.



and their chocolate chip cookies:


Then, we walked around and just enjoyed the sunny day, herb and flower boxes, and cute outdoor garden shops:


I reminded myself for the millionth time that I want to plant an herb garden someday. I'm thinking it's a summer project.








Not pictured: The garden shop owners. They were sweltering in their colonial garb (bonnets, britches, full hooped dresses). It would just be mean to snap a photo while they're dripping with sweat. Poor things.





Cute beehive baskets:




Prettiness that makes me want to landscape our backyard:












Pictures before getting helmet head from biking:




I love vines. Sooo garden party.


We tooled around the College of William and Mary and kissed on this bridge 'cause the story is the person you smooch on here is the one you will marry.


Yes, we're already married, but any excuse for romance works.




Like I said, not too much to see. But it was a great day in the midst of a tough month, and I'm thankful for it. :)


Thanks again to all of you

3 comments:

Josie said...

Awww, this looks like such a sweet little day trip! I want an herb garden too... Sadly, my dorm room doesn't provide a whole lot of space for one.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

TheLab said...

Beautiful photos! I want to LIVE in a cheese shop. I want to eat cheese every day. Oh wait, I do.

Glad you had wonderful time to enjoy each other. How great of the two of you to support one another and create fun in the midst of hard times. A good, solid habit.

Romy of Pixie Paper Arts said...

Thank you for posting on my blog. I love how honest your last post is. Out only shows you are like the rest of us out there in the world!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...