Sunday, March 13, 2011

Springing Forward

It finally felt like spring today! And goodness knows I needed some spring happy vibes. With having to deal with two car repairs, a broken dryer, a leaking roof, and non-stop rain during the past few weeks, Dan and I have been over it, hence the two week blogging break. I just didn't have much to write except for "F#*$! WATER IS POOLING IN OUR ATTIC!" I promise I won't be cheesy enough to write "When it rains, it really does pour."- har har! I'm not that predictable. Things are a little more low key now, and I just thought in honor of "spring forward" I'd share a few things that are currently making me happy: 1. Tea time to celebrate my friend Missy's baby who will be arriving any day now:


2. Stuff Dan and I saw on our walk today:



Okay, enough ubiquitous flower shots. I also wanted to share one of our favorite places to stroll to, a nearby seminary. We liked to go there to play frisbee, and check out the buildings, like this clock tower:



But our favorite thing about the seminary is the modern gargoyle on the side of the library. The gargoyle is actually a bust of a beloved librarian who worked at the seminary for over fifty years. Here is a faraway shot of him:
And here he is up close:
We thought it was so random and funny to have this librarian guarding all those books gargoyle-style, with pointy ears and talons. :) What a sweet way to pay tribute to this man!

Speaking of sweet tributes, that brings us to #3... 3. My Oscar
I came into my classroom several weeks ago to find an Oscar waiting for me on my desk!


And I didn't even have a speech planned...

Here's a close-up of it: Yep... that's a Mrs. Butterworth's bottle spray painted gold, my friends. How cute is this?! One of my students made it for me and gave me a movie ticket that said: "And the Oscar goes to... YOU for your fun grammar games and lessons!" It was one of the best teacher gifts I've ever received.


And the last thing that's making me smile is:

4. Lemon ricotta cookies
Or at least they will once I finally make them. Nothing put me in a more springy/summery mood than lemon ricotta cookies. They're like lemonade in cookie form.

***


Loving this season!

2 comments:

Josie said...

Those cookies are going to be PERFECTION for spring! And how cute is that Oscar -- what a fun gift!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Strand Family said...

The gargoyle and oscar are great! I stole one of your photos for my latest blog post. It may become my screensaver for the next couple of months.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...