Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmasification

I'm really not very crafty, but since I have nothing but time for the next week and a half, I decided to Christmasify my picture frames.

First, I borrowed the free "Keep Calm and Carol On" print from Craftily Ever After (love her!). I just turned it black, rather than red, for a graphic look:



For my glass vase, I simply loaded it with leftover Christmas ornaments in chartreuse, turquoise, and peacock colors:

I wanted to make my own "Keep Calm" print, so I googled what font was used for these posters. Then, I simply typed my message in Gills Sans font and copied and pasted a clip art image at the top. Here's what I came up with:
I printed this out and slipped it in one of the frames in my dining room.

I wanted to create some other personalized artwork too, so I went to wordle.net and typed in words that remind me of our Christmases together. I added two clip art snowflakes on both of the wordles I created and popped them in the frames. Here's what I came up with:

and:



Here's a closer view of the second one:

This pretty much sums up our favorite holiday traditions, from watching "Love Actually", to making waffles during our private Christmas, to putting on our faux fire!

And speaking of her faux fire, Dan and I switched it on for our private Christmas, which we did this morning:


Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!

(Wise men image on center "keep calm" poster is from here, santa silhouette on "keep calm and believe on" poster is from here)

5 comments:

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Love what you did with the frames! I like the "believe" one :)

Merry merry Christmas, Christen!

Josie said...

These are so pretty, my dear! I love that vase filled with all of those gorgeous ornaments and the "Keep Calm and Carol On" graphic -- absolutely adorable! Have a very happy holiday!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Deb said...

Your mantel looks great Christen...love all the art you created too! Merry Christmas to you and your family! ~Deb~

Amanda said...

The graphics you made are perfection! Love how simple they were...would be perfect gifts. Hmm... :)

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Christen- Love the framed words! And your own designs are so unique and beautiful. What a happy holiday house!

I watched "Love Actually" two Christmases ago and this year my husband and watched "Four Christmases". Holiday movies flopped out on the couch in front of a tree are the best!

Happy Holidays!

Loretta

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...