Thursday, May 2, 2013

Proscietto Pie Recipe

Sorry, I meant to post this last week!  For anyone wanting a seriously cheesy and delicious meal tonight, this is what I made Dan for his dinner to celebrate his dad in my last post. 

When I say it is cheesy, I'm not playing around:


Tomato pie:


1 frozen deep dish pie crust

1 c of shredded mozzarella cheese

1 c of shredded chedder cheese

4-6 slices of provolone cheese

About 3tbsp. Fresh basil ( cut up)

1/4lb of thin sliced prosciutto

2-3 tomatoes (can also do one large.....depends how tomatoey you want it)

Salt and pepper to taste

1/2 of a medium onion


Preheat oven to 350. Thaw frozen crust and prick sides and bottom with a fork. Place crust tin on cookie sheet and bake in oven for 5 minutes.

Saute the onion in a pan until it becomes translucent (can use butter or olive oil for this step, though I just used cooking spray.)



Remove pie crust after 5 minutes and place mozzarella in the bottom. Add basil and prosciutto, then tomato slices, salt and pepper, cooked onions, chedder cheese, and top with enough provolone to cover the top.


Place cookie sheet with pie in oven on the lower rack and bake for 30-35 min until top is golden and melted.




*note: The amounts in this are pretty approximate. If you want more or less cheese or tomato or basil or something, feel free to ad lib.

Pair with a large side salad and you're in business!


6 comments:

Sally said...

YUM!! Definitely going to try this! You had me at CHEESY NOT PLAYING AROUND!! :))

Aubrey said...

Yum, yum!! Looks delish!!

Erika said...

Oh my gosh. That looks amazing!! I want it right now!!

Josie said...

Wait. Shut up. It's just... Tomatoes. And cheese. And Prosciutto. In a pie crust. I think I just went straight to heaven.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Holly said...

That sounds so good! YUM!

Strand Family said...

I love your basil plant in the old fashioned campbells can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...