Tuesday, June 22, 2010

No cook shrimp salad

I tell ya', I've only had two days with no work, and already I feel more relaxed and refreshed than I have since... well...last August! I'm all about making foods that I have no time to put together during the year. Today, I made this:


Lemon Basil Shrimp Salad

Got the recipe (and the photo that is waaay prettier than mine) from here.

Here's my picture:

No cooking required, so long as you buy pre-cooked shrimp and don't try to make the parmesan bowls. NOTE: The bowls were the one thing I couldn't quite pull off. I followed all the directions perfectly and only succeeded in having a disk of parmesan that was superglued to parchment paper, a smoky kitchen, and a blaring fire alarm. I'll stick to the "no cook" recipes in the future. Besides that one mishap though, the salad turned out really refreshing. I'm thinking I'll serve it in the future as an appetizer or with a veggie pizza.

Enjoy! I know I did!

2 comments:

Josie said...

Mmmm, this looks crazy-delicious. Definitely going to try it out!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Hattie said...

Ooooh, and I happen to have shrimp on hand! That looks super yummy.

Happy anniversary to you and Dan tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...